Welder 1st Class
The Butler Weldments Corporation is a versatile steel fabrication and machining business with a 40-year tradition of quality and integrity. Our commitment to outstanding customer service, consistent product quality and on-time delivery is the cornerstone of our excellent reputation in the industry.
At Butler Weldments, we attribute our success and growth to the individuals who make up our team. We are looking for a skilled Welder 1 st Class to cut and join metals and other materials at our facility. Welders operate appropriate equipment to assemble parts with a great deal of precision. A welder must be competent in using various types of equipment following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will also have a steady hand, great attention to detail and knowledge of the different welding processes.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Promote and adhere to the Mission Statement, Core Values and Behavior Code.
- Promote company goals with a focus on Safety, Quality, and Production.
- Capable of setting up and operating semiautomatic and fully automatic welding equipment.
- Ability to weld in various positions (vertical, horizontal and overhead).
- Proficient in operating welding related equipment such as positioners, jig fixtures, and cutting equipment.
- Proven ability to read blueprints, drawings and specifications.
- Experience reading, understanding and adhering to established weld procedures.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment and processes based on drawing requirements; plan welding sequence to maximize efficiency and control distortion.
- Possess military qualifications in four of five welding processes; SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, SAW AND GTAW.
- Skilled in carbon arc cutting.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment.
- Ability to inspect welded surfaces to ensure welds meet the minimum size and appearance requirements.
- Follow proper material control procedures and record keeping.
- Perform basic and preventative maintenance on welding equipment.
- Maintain work area, equipment and supplies in a neat and orderly condition.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree, preferred, or equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
- 5+ years manufacturing welding experience.
- SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, SAW and GTAW a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures.
- Experience with electrical and manual tools.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and follow through on verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of safety standards
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to shift priorities based on the organizations’ needs.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Integrity and professionalism is essential.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
This job operates in a production environment. Physical effort consists of frequent handling of light to average weight tools or materials, some handling of heavy weights, some pulling, pushing. Work performed requires constant alertness and activity; concentrated mental and visual attention is required.
Safety Equipment and Attire:
Steel toed shoes (required) Safety glasses w/side shields (required) Long sleeved shirt (must be tucked into pants, required) Long pants, no cuffs (required) Ear plugs (required) Work gloves (required) Salary depends on experience and skills.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, Paid Time Off and 401K.